Thursday, May 9, 2013

Probably unintentionally deep and poetic shit I've been told in conversations this year:



Probably unintentionally deep and poetic shit I've been told in conversations this year:

  1. Do things because you care about the people you're doing them for.  Sounds like something you'd see on Pinterest and think about deeply until you click 'next'.  Not to say I'm on Pinterest.  Ah.  Let's move on.



  1. Do you ever realize that you haven't breathed in a while, and then you feel like you're about to die because you need air?  This was actually meant literally, but then I thought about it metaphorically, and my mind started to slowly unravel and my friend asked if I was okay.


  1. tippity tippity tap. the hooves went clack clack clack.  End scene.  A friend's facebook status.  On three medical doses.


  1. How inspiring can something unattainable be?  Talking with a friend about Rhodes Scholars and how much better they are than us.


  1. Wit is the epitaph of an emotion.  Okay, Nietzsche said this.  But a professor told me this after I kept saying witty shit in my writing.  Come on, bro.


  1. Keep your guard up.  Stay angry.  Tim Riggins said this to a baby in season four of Friday Night Lights.  Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment